For one of Europe’s most sustainable biodiesel producers and fuel suppliers, we are looking for a Senior Business Controller.
The Company was established in 2001 and is involved in the manufacture of large scale commercial biodiesel. The award-winning Company makes its clean, green road fuel by recycling wastes and residues from other industries - specifically waste from the food industry and tallow from the meat industry. It has also pioneered the use of low grade waste fats and oils such as “fatbergs” from the UK’s water industry.
As well as supplying bulk biodiesel to European customers, they specialise in the supply of high grade, sustainable diesel for fleet operators, delivering to over 100 UK depots. They provide the best economic value to their customers along with a range of greenhouse gas savings from their products.
By producing environmental fuel, their aim is to contribute to the global battle against climate change and help maximise the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from transport. The Company has three manufacturing facilities for waste-based biodiesel and continues to invest in further growth.
In 2013 the group was acquired by a leading private investment company and in 2018 reached agreement to buy biodiesel production facilities, tank storage and cleaning facilities in the Netherlands. The addition of these facilities represents the first step for the company in replicating its successful business outside the UK. The company is now located in the Netherlands, Scotland and North West England.
The Senior Business Partner NL is the most senior financial role within the Netherlands. The position will play a key role in the planning and coordination of the annual budgeting process to create a business plan that reflects the organisation’s goals and long-term strategy for the Netherlands.
The Finance Department is currently creating a shared service center and has recently implemented a new ERP system. This role will work closely with the Group Head of Management Accounting to develop improved management reporting and analysis in the company, to drive performance imrpovement and support further investment. The role will play a key role in helping to implement an improved reporting system to complement the ERP system.
The main purpose of this position is to interpret financial analysis within the Netherlands in order to influence business partners to make timely interventions or to support commercial decisions. Working as part of a team, this role will contribute to the production of consolidated performance reporting and regular forecasts of expected outcomes for the group and liaise as a business partner with the relevant departments, this includes the traders.
You are also responsible for coordinating the budget process, gaining a deep understanding of the cost levers underpinning financial performance, support the growth and development of the management accountant in NL and will be involved in M&A related activities where relevant.
Please find the key responsibilities below:
• Working with senior business partners to support delivery of departmental goals, as reflected in financial targets and budgets
• Coordinating the annual budget process and securing buy-in from key stakeholders
• Producing regular reforecasts using business knowledge of current performance trends
• Supporting the production of longer-term forecasts that stretch beyond the annual budget.
• Analysing management reports to provide insightful performance commentary.
• Investigating the cause of deviations from target performance, working with the business partners to initiate timely interventions.
• Gaining a deep understanding of the cost levers underpinning financial performance and sharing this with business partners to initiate improvements where possible.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of the ERP system and other supporting tools to automate as much reporting as possible.
• Meeting with business partners on a regular basis to build successful relationships, resulting in better business knowledge and increased commercial acumen.
• Collaborating with other team members to maintain a high performing finance function.
• Contributing to the development of business cases and financial models for new investment opportunities
• Seeking opportunities to continually develop skills and management accounting expertise.
• Supporting the growth and development of the management accountants.
• Developing business cases and financial models for new investment opportunities which are consistent with business strategy.