For the leading company for business software solutions having revenues over EUR 450 million, approximately 3.200 employees and consists of many independent business units that deliver products and services to their specific market segment. This market expertise is based on decades of experience. Amongst others, the Company is active in the following vertical markets: healthcare, local and central government, retail, financial, real estate, education, automotive and legal services.
To build a leading and enduring Vertical Market Software company, we have to provide our customers solutions that let their business thrive, today and in the future. We want to deliver our clients “Software for Life”. We believe that we can only achieve this with teams that are champions in their markets and that master operating a software company. To accomplish this, we operate in small and nimble business units, having the decision making at the front lines where our people know what is happening in their markets and at their customers.
The Company a very strong position in the Netherlands and is growing fast (internationally) through acquisitions (2020: 12). The Company can add a lot of value to these acquired companies by helping them to become more professional. Results can be greatly improved in this way. The Finance department makes an important contribution to this. Because we are growing fast, we are constantly looking for good diverse finance professionals to expand our team.
The Company is part of is a global provider of enterprise software solutions serving a variety of distinct vertical markets. The principal strategy is to acquire, manage and build vertical market software businesses. Generally, these businesses provide mission critical software solutions that address the specific needs of customers in particular vertical markets.
Constellation has six operating groups which currently service over 125,000 customers in over 100 different vertical markets worldwide. With its headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and offices in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Australia, Constellation employs over 15,000 people generating consolidated revenues exceeding US$ 3 billion.
The Internal Auditor is part of the Corporate Control team as well as the Internal Audit team. You will report to the Corporate Controller and (a dotted line to) the Vice President of Internal Audit . You will be responsible for the timely planning and execution of internal audits. The audits focus on the substantive testing of specific accounts, as well as testing of processes and internal controls. Next to the regular internal audits, you will also assisting with other audit matters and projects. You will not only focus on financial reviews, but you also should be able to evaluate and recommend operational best practices, make recommendations on internal controls and assist management with plans for achieving compliance to standards.
After fulfillment of this vacancy the Corporate Control team consists of 8 FTE of which 2 are Internal Auditors. Internal Audit consists of 9 FTE.
Future career opportunities may include roles within Finance, M&A or moving directly into business support and progressively into manager roles.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and maintaining/continuously improving the audit methodology and supporting templates for all aspects of the audit process ensuring consistency with group practices and compliance with professional standards in collaboration with the Manager Internal Audit, Corporate Control and Vice President of Internal Audit;
• Independently plan and execute risk based audit assignments;
• Testing the appropriateness of the design, implementation and effectiveness of key controls related to the (financial) risks at the BUs;
• Review (validity and completeness) of balance sheets of acquired entities within 180 days post acquisition as well as themed based substantive audits (e.g. WIP, Deferred Revenue);
• Validate the compliance with Financial, IT and Legal policies and procedures;
• Reporting of internal audit findings through audit reports and presentations;
• Liaise with management on financial, reporting, and other issues;
• Follow up on and manage remediation of open audit findings;
• Assess business processes, procedures, and methodologies to improve operational
• Extremely challenging, inspiring and international environment
• Broad Finance organization of 75+ enthusiastic colleagues
• A competitive package aligned to your experience
• An informal hands-on culture